Sleepover Participant Guide
This guide will help answer questions as you prepare for your sleepover at the Fleet Science Center.
If you have additional questions, please call the Special Events Departments at (619) 238-1233 x761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets and Reservations
For public sleepovers, you may purchase tickets on the Fleet website. The full payment will be due at that time.
If you wish to host a private sleepover for your group, we ask that you have a minimum of 100 people. To book your sleepover, call the Fleet Special Events Office at (619)685-5761 or email us.
Sleepovers begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday and end at 8 a.m. Saturday.
Directions and Parking
You may park in the lot located off Space Theater Way behind the museum. We will send you a parking pass the week before the sleepover that will allow you to park in the lot overnight.
You will check in at the roll-up door, at the back of the building facing the parking lot. You will need to provide your printed receipt.
- You will receive a copy of the Sleepover Schedule.
- You will receive instructions for a scavenger hunt.
- You can place your items in the Community Forum until after the movie. After the movie, you are free to choose your sleeping spot. You will have access to your items throughout the evening.
Please follow these rules when attending the sleepover:
- Adults must always accompany their children.
- Guests must always wear shoes when walking around the museum.
- Please keep your belongings in the Community Forum until you are asked to place them in the sleeping area.
- Do not set up your sleeping area in front of marked exits or stairwells. Please leave a walkway between people.
- Be respectful of other people and their belongings.
- Do not run or play on stairways or elevators.
- No food or drink is allowed in the exhibit areas. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere.
- We ask you to observe quiet time after lights out.
- The Fleet’s security officers patrol the premises all night. If you have any problems or an emergency, please contact a security officer.
- Should an emergency arise, Fleet staff and uniformed security personnel will assist. Please follow their directions quickly and quietly.
- Clean up your sleeping area by 8 a.m. so cleaning crews can get the museum ready to open to the public.
What To Bring
- Sleeping bag, camping pad, pillow, blanket
- Cot or battery-operated air mattress (no plug-in air mattresses)
- Comfortable clothes; pajamas are okay
- Layers of clothing; temperatures throughout our building vary
- Earplugs (optional)
- Sleep mask (optional) Security lights must remain on all night for safety.
What Not To Bring
- Plug-in air mattress
- Expensive electronics
- Food Guests with food allergies may bring their own food, but please do not eat in the exhibit areas.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- All reservations are first come, first served. We reserve the right to limit the number of attendees.
- The Fleet reserves the right to cancel the sleepover at any time.
- Refunds will be given to guests who cancel reservations at least two weeks before the sleepover event.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations by the participant that are received less than two weeks before the event, the day of the event or after the event.
- No tickets are available at the door.
- You can experience the Fleet at your own pace throughout the evening. You can participate in hands-on activities and a scavenger hunt at your leisure. Please also see our Sample Schedule.
- Deluxe Sleepover ticket holders will receive two tickets at check-in. Give one ticket a staff member at dinner and the other to a staff member for your late-night snack before the film.
- Our concession stand will be open for you to purchase popcorn, drinks and candy during the evening before the film.
- The North Star Science Store will be open in the morning at 7:45 a.m., and you will receive a 10 percent discount on all purchases.
- Admission to the Fleet for the day following your sleepover is not included in your admission.
Sample Sleepover Schedule
(Subject to change at the coordinator’s discretion depending upon the circumstances of the day of the event.)
6:30 p.m. - Check in at the William and Grayson Boehm Community Forum and go on a scavenger hunt
6:30 p.m.– Dinner for Deluxe Package guests in the Community Forum and gallery free time
7:45 p.m. - Science show in the Heikoff Giant Dome Theater
9 p.m. - Documentary or our Global Soundscapes presentation in the Theater.
9:45 p.m. - Set up sleeping areas and more gallery time.
10:30- Lights out
7 a.m.- Continental breakfast in Community Forum (bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, juice, and coffee)
7:30 a.m.- Pack up by 8 a.m.
7:45 a.m. – North Star Science Store open. Sleepover guests receive 10 percent discount for all store items.